Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Uma poesia de Shel Silverstein


Whatif                              
Shel Silverstein

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow talle?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strike again!

E SE....

Ontem à noite, enquanto eu pensava aqui,
alguns  "E se.." rastejaram dentro da minha orelha
e brincaram e festejaram a noite toda
e cantaram a mesma música antiga de "E se":
E se eu sou burro na escola?
E se eles fecharem a piscina?
E se baterem em mim?
E se tiver veneno na minha xícara?
E se eu começar a chorar?
E se eu ficar doente e morrer?
E se  eu reprovar nesse teste?
E se crescer cabelo verde no meu peito?
E se ninguém gostar de mim?
E se um relâmpago me golpeia?
E se eu não fico alto?
E se minha cabeça começa a diminuir?
E se o peixe não fisgar?
E se o vento rasgar minha pipa?
E se eles começam uma guerra?
E se meus pais se divorciam?
E se ônibus está atrasado?
E se meus dentes não crescerem em linha reta?
E se arrancarem minhas calças?
E se eu nunca aprender a dançar?
Tudo parece bem, e então
A no meio da noite o E se me ataca novamente!

Ilustração: Christiane Jatahy.

No comments: