Wednesday, June 18, 2008

AINDA WILLIAM

139

William Shakespeare


O, call not me to justify the wrong
That thy unkindness lays upon my heart;
Wound me not with thine eye but with thy tongue;
Use power with power and slay me not by art.
Tell me thou lovest elsewhere, but in my sight,
Dear heart, forbear to glance thine eye aside:
What need'st thou wound with cunning when thy might
Is more than my o'er-press'd defense can bide?
Let me excuse thee: ah! my love well knows
Her pretty looks have been mine enemies,
And therefore from my face she turns my foes,
That they elsewhere might dart their injuries:
Yet do not so; but since I am near slain,
Kill me outright with looks and rid my pain.

139

Ó! Não me chame para justificar o errado
Que é uma indelicadeza com meu coração;
Fira-me com tua língua, mas não com tua visão;
Usa teu poder e não me mate de modo dissimulado.
Fala-me de teus amores longe da minha presença,
Querido coração, não me olhes de soslaio:
Que necessidade tens de enganar com tua força imensa
Que é tão forte que sem defesas caio?
Deixa-me perdoar-te: ah! Meu amor bem sabe
Que seus olhares maldosos foram meu inimigo maior,
Se afastando do meu rosto a quem, de fato, cabe,
Eles que podem atingir como dardos outra pessoa:
Ainda assim, não o faças, já estou perto da morte, seja boa
Mate-me agora e me livre por completo da minha dor.

No comments: